High School Scholarship Program
Stanford Blood Center is dedicated to providing a safe and adequate blood supply for patients, as well as supporting the community that helps meet this need. It is in this spirit that we will honor students who actively support our mission through hosting successful blood drives at their high schools.
Stanford Blood Center will award up to $1,000 in scholarship funds to select candidates each academic year. Qualified applicants will have participated in coordinating a successful blood drive on their high school campus.
See eligibility details and requirements on the High School Scholarship Application
The applicant must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be a graduating senior
- Be enrolled in a four-year college/university, a community college, or technical school the following year
- Have participated on a blood drive committee at their high school and have been actively involved in at least one Stanford Blood Center blood drive for the school year of application submission
- Blood drive(s) collect 90% or more of established goal
- Complete and submit the scholarship application and attachments on or before the deadline
- A typed essay, no more than two pages (double spaced), about your personal experience with your high school blood drive(s). Include how your efforts made the drive(s) a success and how you think the experience will benefit your future education, leadership, and volunteerism goals
- A copy of your current high school transcript
- One academic letter of recommendation
- A completed scholarship application and attachments submitted on or before the deadline
- The deadline to submit the application is Monday, July 3, 2017
Scholarships will be awarded by check payable to the college, university or technical school where the student has officially enrolled.
Recipients will be notified by Monday, August 7, 2017
Questions: Contact High School Scholarships at 650-723-8015 or firstname.lastname@example.org